Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On & off the needles

Way back in Winter I knitted Mum some socks for her birthday, thought I'd show them off here... The yarn is Crystal Palace Panda silk (bamboo, merino, silk), and I'd love to make a top out of it. It's very pretty and feels gorgeous. The awesome and crazy part of this pattern (Bayerische socks) is that all the cables are knit with twisted stitches, so they're super crisp and pop up from the purl background.




Currently on the needles is part of a shirt I'm making with Misti Alpaca (lace weight/2-ply), and some insane socks of geekdom for Mort. Sorry, no prizes for identifying the motif....


In other news, it looks like we've found a new place to live, and should be moving in July. So I guess don't send us anything to our current address after mid-June.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i want those socks!!!!

regarding the rest of the knitting talk: now i know how peopl feel when i start talking about non-coding small RNAs in Salmonella

Sue Piripi said...

Well, if you let me know some foot measurements I could add you to the sock queue.... Or I just had an idea for making a plasmid-hat...