Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nothing specific, really

Last week Mort managed to get up a hill to get a view of Corvallis. Even though it's a bit hazy (there was an awesome fog earlier in the day), you can still get an impression of what a green, tree-filled place this is.




The weather has been edging more and more into Autumn, and we're getting frosts now. In self defense, I knitted a scarf - I think the chunky cabled brioche stitch should keep out most of the cold I'm likely to cycle into around here.




On Wednesday we officially joined the Heart of the Valley Homebrewers club (even though we've been a little involved with their activities already). Below is a typical club meeting, held at the Calapooia Brew Pub. Note the pubs here have darts boards, just like on TV, and no smoking, just like home.



Earlier in the week I had the opportunity to be involved in the necropsy of a hippo - it was an amazing experience, and not one that comes up often. When I can get the photos from other people's cameras (I wasn't taking pictures, myself), I'll put them up on the blog. They might be a bit more involved than everyone wants to see, so I'll make the content clear in the title of that post. Apparently not all people get as excited as I do about things inside hippos.

1 comment:

Andrew_Clarke said...

Well, I for one can't wait to see the photos of the hippo necropsy! Sounds very cool! :)
Cheers,
Andrew