Thursday, June 16, 2011

Silent auction scarf

Apart from study, study, study, I'm still managing to get in a little knitting. Often as a reward between groups of journal articles. As part of a silent auction fundraiser for the local international veterinary student group, I knitted a double-sided pawprint scarf (about 1.7 m long) - learning how to do double-knitting in the process.


If we were moving to a cold climate, I totally would have made one for myself - probably not quite so necessary in Sydney, though.

Edit more than a year later: here is the print pattern I ended up using:


The leftovers turned into a very functional tea-cosy.


Below is Mort playing with his new beer gun, which lets him bottle carbonated beer straight from the keg without exposing it to oxygen - making the whole process quick and keeping the beer more delicious.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bar said...

That scarf is just delicious Sue, well done.

xoWga X said...

Hi there! I was just wondering what kind of yarn you used on this. It's so shiny!

Bonniej64 said...

Hi!
Love this scarf !I saw it on Ravelry awhile back and cannot find it now?
Is there a pattern available?
Never double knitted before either.
Thank you.