Thursday, July 16, 2009

Huh, guess that's 30 years

It was my birthday on Saturday (but I've been too busy to mention it until now). We had a pretty quiet day, and will probably have a bit of a combined birthday and housewarming party once I've finished scrambling out from under this pile of corpses. The students on diagnostic duty last week made me some excellent lemon & poppyseed muffins, and I got an appropriately tasteful card from the department.

Mort got me an awesome T-shirt, and pretty much everyone in the VDL wants one, now. The great part is that most people read the top couple of points, see that they're consistent with expected labels, and stop reading until they see me later in the day and realise how awesome the shirt really is. I know, I'm a geek.



In our current mission to learn some Mexican cooking, our grocery shopping has become relatively more exotic:



Yup, lots of beans, cactus leaves and occasional tomatillos. Coincidental bikkies in the background.

Last night, after getting back from the homebrew club meeting, we pitted 4kg of cherries. 4kg of free cherries from the tree at the place we just moved out of. They're destined for pie and beer. Summer's awesome.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: