Saturday, September 13, 2008

Somewhat batty

This week we had an awesome little batty visitor - which apparently isn't too common in this area:



We stayed up and watched the rugby last night (kickoff at 2.45am) - it was totally worth it. I think I was only able to make it due to sleeping away half of the previous day (I had lurgy/fever resulting in a lot of weird dreams about lymphocytes).

In the last week or so I finished off a vest I've been working on for a while - the object was to get my knit & purl stitches the same tension, since my purls were a lot looser than my knits. It worked out pretty well, I think I'll make another like this since I have the yarn.




I've also become a little carried away making these little "yarn cake keepers", which stabilise a centre-pull yarn cake that you can make with a ball winder (which I now have) or a Nøstepinde (a.k.a. Stick!!!!)



In pharmaceutical news: I guess someone took that saying "A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down" a little too seriously...





Still, it's been useful stuff over the last couple of days.

No comments: